I'm not even worried about the look of the resume yet, just the content, so here's what I have for the text. I'm sure it can be improved a lot, and I'd love suggestions.
Lindsey A. Kuper
(insert address, phone number, and email address here)
A position in which I can use my skills and experience as a web designer.
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science/Music (with honors), May 2004
Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa
Cumulative GPA: 3.42/4.00
GPA in major fields: 3.53/4.00
Relevant Work Experience:
- June 2003 - Present:
Web Design and Graphic Arts Instructor, iD Tech Camps (http://www.internalDrive.com)
Austin, Texas and Evanston, Illinois
- Collaborated to design an intensive, project-based web design curriculum for students ages 10-18 in a small-group classroom setting.
- Taught web design using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, Fireworks MX 2004, Flash MX Professional 2004, and Adobe Photoshop CS running on Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.3.3, as well as basic Windows and Mac OS X familiarity.
- Received top teaching reviews from students and parents two seasons running.
- January 2004 - Present:
Web Developer, Charter Agricultural Marketing Co. (http://www.CharterAg.com)
Iowa Falls, Iowa
- Streamlined office tasks by replacing three separate customer databases with a single, centralized MySQL database.
- Created an attractive, easy-to-maintain, and XHTML-compliant corporate website with a secure customer login system, using PHP server-side scripting and MySQL database connectivity.
- Wrote a secure web-based database administration application for internal company use.
- Set up a company test server running Apache, PHP, and MySQL software on a Windows XP platform.
- Taught basic Web design skills to employees using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004.
- September 2003 - Present
- Webmaster, rockstargirl.org (http://www.rockstargirl.org)
Created, maintained, and self-hosted a website to promote my band, using Apache web server software running on a Linux platform.
- Used Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Fireworks MX 2004 to redesign the website while maintaining XHTML compliance.
- Used PHP server-side scripting to create a modular design for easy site maintenance.
- September 2003 - May 2004:
- Web Design Instructor, Grinnell Experimental College
- Created a semester-long, project-based web design curriculum for college students, with emphasis on hand-coding of standards-compliant XHTML/CSS on a Linux platform.
- Taught Web design skills and basic Linux/Unix familiarity.
- January - May 2003:
Database Administrator/Programmer, Grinnell College Electronic Ride Board
- Worked with a team of students to create a database-backed web application that connects users seeking carpool rides with those offering rides, using Apache, PHP, and MySQL software on a Linux platform.
- Designed and implemented a relational database in MySQL and wrote code for PHP/MySQL database connectivity.
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004
- Macromedia Flash MX Professional 2004
- Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004
- Linux (various distributions, in standalone and networked environments)
- Windows XP (in standalone and networked environments)
- Macintosh OS X (through version 10.3.3)
- Various site adminstration software
- Most relevant programming and computer languages: C, Java, Scheme, SQL, PHP, Flash ActionScript
- Programming Language Concepts
- Automata, Formal Languages, and Computational Complexity
- Data Representation, Storage Management, and C Programming
- Software Design
- Operating Systems
- Fundamentals of Computer Scicence I and II
Honors and Activities:
- National Merit Scholar, 2000
- Grinnell ExCo Web Design Instructor, 2003-04
- Grinnell College Choir Council Officer, 2002-2004
- Dean's List, Spring 2001
- Grinnell Singers, 2000 - 2004
- Participant in Chicago Lakeshore Marathon, May 2004
Otherwise, well, not a lot to say about myself. Wishing the best for zerbie and her mom. Missing lots of grinnellians. Wondering what sarahtomic is up to, and if hiamanda is going to stop by to get the book she left at my place the weekend before last. It looks like a pretty good book.