A couple months back, Alex oniugnip and I started keeping a Google spreadsheet of movies we wanted to see, or movies we'd seen and wanted to remember that we'd seen. Today I suggested we start including brief summaries of said movies; Alex assented and wrote a bunch of them:
- Young boys in Neo-Tokyo ride bikes past neon lights, really fast. Some people have psychic powers. It's the future, in a post-apocalyptic sort of way, and nobody will talk about nuclear weapons because that's sort of taboo in Japan.
- Dr. Strangelove
- Everybody freaks out about nuclear weapons. They're taboo in Britain, America and Russia.
- Winter Light
- In Scandinavia somewhere, a priest worries about his faith and how he can't console his parishioners, one of whom is freaking out about nuclear weapons. (they're taboo in Scandinavia)
- Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
- In response to mutually assured destruction during the Cold War, inner city youths in New York City develop a new kind of dancing, to vent about how they can't discuss nuclear weapons. (they're taboo)
You can see why I'm madly in love. Did I mention I'm madly in love?