Things I might want to study in grad school:
- There are a lot of things that suck about this, but still, it's better than nothing:
- I picked the five top-level things from Wikipedia's breakdown of fields of computer science. This is not the only taxonomy for computer science. (Do you know of a better one? Help.)
- I think it's interesting that by starting at mathematical logic, you can get to the most stuff. That checks, because I think that of everything here, it gets closest to the core of what I think I'm really interested in, which is the study of formal systems. On the other hand, that might be because there are a lot of arrows missing. (Which ones? Help. This is important.)
- A representation of this graph as a list is left as an exercise for the reader. (C'mon, Schemers, you know you want to. I see you twitching.)
- You might be interested to see what OmniGraffle's autolayout function does with it.