|Krazy West Koast Travel Month II: Electric Boogaloo
||[Jun. 8th, 2006|07:07 pm]
So here's the plan:
- You know how I said that my band is playing at the White Eagle in August? Uh, slight change. We are now playing at the White Eagle next Wednesday the 14th at 8:00 p.m. Please come! It's our first show that isn't in my living room! Plus, it's free. And the format of the show is unusual -- six bands playing a snappy five songs each -- so, you know, if you hate us, at least we'll be over soon!
- Thursday the 15th will be my last day at my job; I'm leaving that night for L.A., and now that I don't have to be back at work on the 19th (and in keeping with the true spirit of Krazy West Koast Travel Month), I'm thinking about sticking around L.A. for a few more days so I can spend more time with the Maya leadsynth and the rest of the family. It's going to cost at least $80 to get my ticket changed. Should I do it?
- In further keeping with the true spirit of Krazy West Koast Travel Month, I will then head up to Seattle on the 25th to teach either Video Game Creation or 3D Game Design at iD Tech UW for about four weeks. I called my old manager to get a reference and ended up getting a job. Funny how these things work out.
- It will be my third summer teaching for iD. However, it will be my first time teaching either of those courses. In fact, I specifically asked not to teach anything I had ever taught before. Because, you see, I'm insane.
- I will be coming back to Portland from Seattle every weekend, because we have band practice and, hopefully, shows. I don't have the slightest idea how I will be coming back to Portland from Seattle, or how I will be going back to Seattle from Portland. Which do you think would be more effective: looking for safe ride shares on craigslist, or petitioning Bill Gates to build a bullet train by the end of the month?